Friday, October 17, 2014

My Fall Inspiration Board


Since the beginning of October, I've been paging through magazines and ripping out any pages that have a cool look and make me excited for fall. I took pages of ads, photoshoots, catalogs, text, and scenic landscapes. A few months ago, I took this bulletin board that was previously an eyesore and created my DIY End of Summer Inspiration Board which you can check out again. Back then, I created a board that had only a few full pages taken from magazines that were big splashes of color. This time, I wanted to make more of a collage for the fall.

Let's break it down.

I chose only two pages that were pictures of people. This photo of Zooey Deschanel comes from a cover photo shoot. I'm in love with the coat she's wearing as well as her hair and makeup. She looks relaxed, and when I stand back and look at the collage, she doesn't stick out as a "celebrity" so the photo is a nice compliment to the rest.

This quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald looks like something out of Pinterest, although I found it in Seventeen magazine. It's perfect and gives some great color to the collage because fall shouldn't always be about the darker colors. I should also mention that I got these great chrome push pins to replace the sparse push pins I had of every possible color. Using these push pins, they don't look out of place or distract from the pictures.

My second piece of text comes from this month's Anthropologie catalog. I absolutely love that line, "autumn on the rise," it sounds so exciting! Also, the chandelier here is one of three I cut out of the same catalog. I pinned them in a way that it looks like they're hanging from the top of my bulletin board.

The biggest piece I used on my board was this cutout of a house in the Anthropologie catalog. I was debating for a while whether to put it in or not because it's so large, but in the end the clothesline of fabrics sold me. They're all so unique and the few pops of color are what I needed to keep the whole thing from looking too monochromatic.

On the left end I have another chandelier and some pieces of a picture of cacti as filler. I'm currently obsessed with them and I'm asking for a cactus plant for Christmas. The second and last face I used is from a Dolce & Gabanna ad. I remember ripping the page out of a magazine sometime this summer, but the makeup, clothes, and ornate accessories just looked like fall to me.

Again, here is the final product! I remember complaining in my post where I created my summer inspiration board about how small the cork board was and that it was difficult to fit much inspiration on there. I worked on changing that this time and picked out small pictures while cutting down the larger ones to reasonable sizes. Inspiration is possible, you just have to work to make it fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment