Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Insta-Becca: Glitter & Good Vibes

A shot of many brussels sprouts that I halved and roasted for lunch. To get the recipe see this food post that also has a great smoothie recipe.


Yesterday I had a bad day. I fell on a run and badly scraped up my hands and knees while cracking my phone screen when I hit the concrete. A few hours later, I was overcharged at a gas station and had to scramble and transfer money to cover my account (NOTE FOR EVERYONE: do NOT use a debit card at the gas station, the card companies now do things like charging $87 instead of the $22 of gas I got to cover themselves, even though they give back the overcharged money once they see it's there). Lesson learned, I'm now using cash when I fill up my car.

I let you guys know about my bad day not to complain, but to let you know why I'm posting my weekly Instagram favorites today instead of yesterday. Also, I think that it's important to move on and not let the rest of my week be affected by yesterday's unfortunate events. Yes I'll have a cracked phone for a while until I replace it, my knee still has a bad wound, and my bank account is a bit off for a day or two, but I can get past it all. This previous week was wonderful for me- I got the other job I had interviewed for, which I'll start next month and I'm very excited for. As usual, I'd like to share some of my photos from last week, and next week I'll know that I'll have more photos, because yesterday was just one day, and I have 6 more to look forward to and improve upon.


A sign I made for a silent auction basket my mom put together called Frozen Sweet Dreams Gift Set. I used glitter paint to mimic the title and I glued popsicle sticks with glitter together to make snowflakes.

Fox Place Card Kit that I picked up at Paper Source that I am excited to put together for Thanksgiving dinner.

2 small, beautifully scripted words that I felt should be shared more often. Kindness is a quality that I feel is not acknowledged often enough.

The new lock screen for my phone! I showed the previous one last week, but the colors felt too pastel-y for me. I'm really enjoying this one and it's a fun, positive graphic.



For more photos each day, you can follow me HERE on Instagram! Have a great week, and if you have a bad day akin to mine, don't let it ruin your mood for the rest of the week, keep on moving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment