Friday, September 12, 2014

DIY End of Summer Inspiration Board

I have a small cork board on the wall in my room. Since it was given to me, it has collected many pins and random flat objects. At first, I tacked pictures of family and pets on the board. Since my board is only about a foot long, I ran out of room and began pinning and layering the pictures on top of each other.

Several years later after piling invitations and cards over the already crowded pictures, it looked like this:



Poor lighting aside, this was just a mess. While many of the pictures and invitations are important to me, it's difficult to appreciate them like this. I decided to keep pictures in photo albums or frames where they look best. I also am working on making up a scrapbook for all of the save the date and wedding invitations I receive from friends.

The first step I took to turn my cork board into an inspiration board was to take everything off and started fresh. I also made a deal with myself- my material would only come from magazines or art. Since I was working for an End of Summer inspiration board specifically, I ripped out pages of exclusively younger and more colorful magazines like Seventeen and Glamour.

Here's what I ended up with:



For this board, I only needed a few pages because of my limited space. For my Fall Inspiration Board (coming soon), I intend to fit a bit more images with smaller pages or pages that have been trimmed to get more of a collage effect.

I'm pleased with the overall effect of this board. Whenever I see it, I instantly feel cheerful. I immediately think of flowers, the beach, color, and sun. The colored pins add to the color as well, which has me contemplating buying clear pins for the fall and winter.


What do you think of my board's inspiration? Do you think that I need more room to encapsulate what's inspiring me? What is your inspiration board like at your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment