Friday, October 10, 2014

Gifts- Cover Your Bases


This past week, I celebrated my sister's birthday. I get a huge thrill out of planning gifts and picking up presents for others ahead of time (I already got a Christmas present for my dad in August). I have a lot of fun in the fall because I usually have no trouble finding gifts for my sister. I know her well and she has a myriad of interests, which makes gift-giving an easy process.

This year, I heard that her gift from my parents would be a nice suitcase which she requested (my parents later surprised her and filled the suitcase with some healthy goodies). While a practical gift, it seemed a bit boring to me, so I decided to get her multiple gifts that would be fun additions to different parts of her life. I ended up choosing items of decor, fashion, food, and kitchen. I covered the bases, if you will. The result was that I got to have fun shopping for her, and my sister was pleasantly surprised by the random assortment of gifts.


Fashion- A long gold necklace with 4 silver pendants from Francesca's (not on their website)

Kitchen- a Central Perk mug that is perfect for any fan of Friends

Decor- similar to these library letters I got ones that are cut from real books and are great as decoration or bookends. I got E and V since those are my sister's initials.

Food- this jar of La Madeleine's tomato basil is a favorite in our house. Turns out you can purchase it in a jar as well as some other food items in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment