Friday, October 24, 2014

Liebster Award


The last time I was nominated for something was when I was 17 and graduating from high school. I was nominated for a Senior Superlative in Orchestra. A pretty good feat, since my orchestra was made up of 140 students. That year I took home the nominated title of "Orchestra Sweetheart" (how cute is that?) which I have cherished ever since.

I woke up the other day to find that I'd been nominated for something new called the Liebster Award! I was nominated by Sam over at Miss Freckle's Blog so go check her out! This award is for bloggers (like me) who don't have a ton of followers so that we can all discover new blogs and support each other! This is pushing me to find some newer bloggers. I usually follow blogs that already have a major fan base(they inspire me to make my blog better and to strive for great content), so finding other blogs has been fun and exciting! To be honest, I'm so new to blogging that I'm still trying to find out how to put a permanent link to my Twitter and Pinterest on my blog. I also haven't connected with many bloggers yet, so I'm hoping to meet some great new friends through this nomination!


The Rules


Post 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same
Let the bloggers know they have been nominated


11 Random Facts About Me


1. I studied abroad in Oxford, England for 6 months when I was 19.

2. I'm a descendent of Pocahontas(my sister and I are part of the 13th generation).

3. I've played the violin since I was 5 years old.

4. My 2 favorite movies are 500 Days of Summer and Stardust, which was recently added to Netflix!

5. I was born with a broken collar bone.

6. I always watch The Colbert Report and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon for my late night TV, or I DVR it.

7. I love wearing braids in my hair and learning new braids. If you're a good friend of mine, I've probably braided your hair at some point.

8. This past May, I had my first short story published titled Ripped. It's a sarcastic, funny, and dark story set at a gym that comments on the way people behave at the gym and view health.

9.  I have read the Harry Potter series so many times that I've lost count.

10. Nearly all of my lip products are by Revlon.

11. Not many people outside of my church know that I love to sing. I've been part of my church choir for years, sang solos during services, and I was recently asked to sing at friend's wedding which I'm so excited about!


Answering Sam's Questions


1. What is one place you want to visit before you die?
Croatia. While studying abroad in England, a bunch of us almost traveled to Croatia but we backed out because of the cost. I regret not being able to go, and I would love to make the trip! Seriously, type 'Croatia' into Google Images and you'll see how crazy beautiful it is.

2. What is your all time favorite TV show?
You have no idea how much of a loaded question this is. I watch a ridiculous amount of shows, so I'll break it down by my favorites for each genre:
Comedy: The Office, Fantasy: The Vampire Diaries, Thriller: Orphan Black, Crime: Criminal Minds, Horror: The Walking Dead, Drama: Scandal, Reality Show: Project Runway

3. Biggest challenge you're facing while blogging?
The technical aspect. I'm not that smart when it comes to the layout of this blog and how to manage everything. The struggle I mentioned earlier about how to get my Twitter and Pinterest to show up is very real.

4. What is your favorite nail polish?
Bikini So Teeny by Essie

5. What is your favorite store to shop at?
Earthbound. I don't live close to one now, but I did in college. It's pretty much hippie heaven. Every time I went in there I left with jewelry and a new dreamcatcher.

6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I have a place where I can pour out all of my creativity! I have so many thoughts on music, art, fashion, beauty, crafts, and food. My sister told me for years to get a blog, and now that I finally have I'm having so much fun sharing all of my thoughts and ideas!

7. How many times do you post a week?
I post 3x a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. (This week was a fluke since I got injured). Ever since I set myself a schedule a few months ago, I've been pretty good about sticking to it.

8. How did you find my blog? And what is your favorite thing about it?
I found Sam through Twitter! She favorited a tweet of mine and followed me, so I followed her back. My favorite thing about her blog is that she's not afraid to get personal and share about her experiences while job hunting. I relate to her a lot because I committed to my blog after graduating without a job lined up and searched for a while for employment.

9. If you had to choose between Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram- which one would you choose and why?
After a close battle between Instagram and Pinterest, I would choose Pinterest. It's so easy to create boards and to pin from other websites.  I have so much fun adding to my boards full of clothing, quotes, recipes, and puppies! If you're interested- you can check out my Pinterest.

10. What is your favorite dish?
My grandma's mashed potatoes. They're amazing. I'll have to share that recipe on here sometime.

11. Who or what inspires you?
Magazines for sure- In Style, Glamour, and especially the Anthropologie catalogue. The fashion in movies and TV can be great inspiration. I subscribe to a ton of beauty and fashion gurus on YouTube, and they give me so many ideas. Pinterest is also a good source of inspiration.


Questions for My Nominees


1. How would you describe your style?

2. What is your favorite makeup brand from the drugstore?

3. What is your favorite season and why?

4. If you had to be on a reality show, which one would you choose and why?

5. What is your favorite singer and favorite band?

6. Why did you start your blog?

7. Which celebrity has the best red carpet style?

8. What are your top 3 favorite movies?

9. If you had to read 1 book for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

10. What is something you learned from your last relationship?

11. What do you love about blogging?


My Nominees

(Since I'm new to the blogging community, I don't know many other bloggers. If I nominated you, it means that I responded positively to your blog and I want to know more about you!)

Jenny of JRebeccaStyle


Maurissa of Maurissa Sees Beauty

Jessica of JB-Beauty

Carmen Jen of Pretty Fetch


This was so much fun to do! A big thanks to Sam for nominating me! If you decide to participate, leave me a comment on this post with a link to your own post so that I can read your random facts and the answers to my questions! I'd also love to see who you nominate!

No comments:

Post a Comment