Monday, September 8, 2014

Insta-Becca: Color-fall

Despite my resistance, I'm already starting to feel that we're entering fall. It doesn't seem that way weather-wise down here in Houston, but usually I don't start feeling a fall chill until late October. It's impossible not to acknowledge fall's presence sneaking into every store, where pumpkins are now a staple item. Yesterday, my family and I came home from church, ate lunch, and watched the Texans win while it rained outside.  I had to accept it, my beloved summer season is over. However, there are positives to every season. I am looking forward to sweaters, holidays, and beautiful leaves. There is always something to look forward to when you consider it.

You can follow my Instagram if you want to see more photos where I find inspiration! Pssssst- not every photo makes it to this weekly post of 5 pictures!

I fell in love with fall colors again when I saw these flowers in Michael's.

The first swatches of two Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti and Candy Apple. I've already worn Candy Apple twice and I'd recommend it as a red lipstick for people who are shy to try the look. It looks a bit pink on its swatch here on the right, but when on it's a nice medium red that can go on sheer or can be built up to a nice pigmented red color.

Anthropologie's September catalog was beautiful. I've always loved the store, and the new clothes are extraordinary. I found myself tearing out multiple pages for my fall inspiration board.

A sweet moment with my dog Abby. She's a welch corgi mix for anyone wondering. Now that she's going to turn 12 this November, I'm making sure to spend time with my old gal. That usually involves us snoozing next to each other.

I picked up a new jar of coconut oil while shopping at Trader Joe's with my sister. I know you can use it for cooking, but I like to use it on my skin and hair. I coated my hair in coconut oil, put it in a bun, and then let it be for an hour before getting a shower. It smelled wonderful, and my hair always looks better afterward.


Have a great week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment