Friday, September 26, 2014

Favorite Everyday Products

I've been wanting to do a post like this for a while. There are products, mainly makeup and hair care, that I reach for at least every other day. Every product on my list I've been using for over 6 months. I've been using some of them for years. Like most people, I'm loyal to products that work well with my skin and hair so I keep re-purchasing them. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

So I got together my absolute favorite products that I use nearly every day. I scattered them on the rug in my room (isn't it a great rug?) and I'm pleased to see that the items can be purchased on a fairly low budget.



1. Small Polybands in Clear- These bad boys are so wonderful to have around. If I ever tie back half of my hair or do a braid, using a small clear elastic looks so much better than a bulky black elastic band. Be careful though, they disappear quicker than bobby pins!

2. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- Such a great staple for a makeup collection. I got this last Christmas and I still use it often. All but one of the six colors are matte and they have great color payoff. Don't underestimate a good neutral eye look. You can bet that I'm planning on getting the new Naked2 Basics Palette!

3. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray- I use this spray to enhance my naturally wavy hair. You can use it on wet or dry hair. Typically, I use it on my hair after a shower when it is half-dry by scrunching hair as I spray. I also have its companion, the texturizing cream that makes hair curlier, but it's not necessary.

4. Suave Dry Shampoo- This is a product I always have on hand. I try to go two days between washes so that my hair stays healthy. My hair tends to get oily after a day (because I'm human) so this dry shampoo saves me every time. It also smells incredible and adds great volume to my roots. The shampoo itself is a light color, so people with darker hair have to make sure they rub it in. Oh, and did I mention that it is under $3?

5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment in Brightener- Quite a long name for such a little thing. If you haven't heard of this product, I'm pleased to introduce the both of you. However, you probably have heard of this since it's a well-known favorite among many. It does a great job on dark circles, especially if you have allergy eyes like mine. It's easy to blend and has good staying power. If you have fair skin, I recommend getting the Brightener shade, it's more pink and it lights up your face.

6. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation- This foundation took the place of my usual Revlon Colorstay, which by the way is a great product. This has great coverage and can also double as a concealer. It looks best on my skin when I apply it with a buffing brush. Just a warning- you'll try to keep the cap clean, but it will ultimately get messy.


What are your everyday products that you would recommend? What do you think of my roundup?

No comments:

Post a Comment