Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Going All Out

My style is bohemian. Comfy and girly too, but mostly bohemian. There are times when I get dressed and a family member will say, "Really?" or "That's interesting." Not necessary in a bad way, but my family does think I dress boldly sometimes. Whenever I wear the white fringe vest I'm wearing above, instantly look boho. Even though the outfit I'm wearing here is comfy, casual, and perfect for summer, I did get looks from strangers because I went full boho.
I'm not someone who dresses for the sole purpose of getting attention. Like most people, I dress the way I do to express myself. Most of the time, I don't dress in a crazy, bold way. But there are times that I do feel like going all out, or full boho. It's hard to work up the courage, because no one wants to look like a caricature or like they are trying too hard.
Tank: Wet Seal, Vest: Forever 21, Maxi Skirt: Wet Seal, Sandals: Old Navy,
Mixed Metal Bracelet: Ten Thousand Villages, Nail Polish: Essie Bikini So Teeny

For the record, I could've gone farther. I could've worn a head chain or braided my hair like a flower child, which I often do. It still surprises me that an outfit like this, which I am completely comfortable in, can elicit stares from others.

My advice to anyone would be to ignore others who try to get you to dress differently or question what you're wearing. I love my family and friends, but respectfully, they tend to have girly, classic, or casual styles that don't match up with mine. It's hard for some to appreciate an outfit when they don't like that particular style. Look to those who share your love of style. I am always drawn to clothing worn by the Olsen twins, Vanessa Hudgens, and Nicole Richie. When you've found your style, look to your inspiration and stick with it! And don't be afraid to go all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment