Saturday, August 16, 2014

5 Changes

It's strange to see all the Back to School signs and posters everywhere I look. It's odd because for the first time since I was 2 years old, I will not be going back to school. I continue to look for a full-time job where I can use my writing skills while I watch as 25% of my friends go back to school or continue on to grad school. I'm truly beginning to feel like I am at the next stage of my life, and with that, I've been feeling the need for more structure. I'm currently redoing my work space and desk as well as planning an actual structure for this blog. There will be an update on my blog schedule soon, since my favorite blogs are the ones that post every weekday or 3x a week. I can tell you this though; I will post at least one "5 Changes" post like this once a month (possibly twice a month).

Without further ado, here are 5 recent changes I've made and recognized in my life:

I've been plagued by dry skin this summer, particularly dry elbows. In June, I purchased a Vaseline lotion which hadn't been doing the trick but I continued to use it for a while anyway. Recently, I picked this lotion up on a whim while shopping at HEB, and it's been great. I can actually feel a difference in my skin.

For the first time ever, I was the speaker at my church last Sunday. I grew up in this church and I've read scripture, passed around the offering, served communion, lead the singing, and played my violin, but I had never been the speaker. This summer, my church did a series where individuals were asked to speak about a person or persons who inspired their faith. I talked about a female bible professor who I'm still friends with today and how she encouraged my experience with prayer. I read several quotes from Prayer by Richard Foster, and ended my speech with the paragraph above.

This necklace from JewelMint. I was introduced to JewelMint a few years ago while watching beauty videos on youtube. Lately I haven't heard much about it. Baublebar seems to be what everyone loves now, and I do enjoy that jewelry site. It's been over a year since I bought something from JewelMint, and when I saw this particular necklace, I fell in love. Contrary to my family's first reaction to my "very spiky"necklace, I received many compliments when I wore it to church on Sunday. It stood out in a great way against my navy shirt.


Thanks to my Gregory Alan Isakov Pandora station, I've found some great artists. (Side note- listen to his song Big Black Car) Recently, one artist named Josh Garrels has caught my ear. His songs Jacaranda Tree and Train Song have been on repeat whenever I'm on the computer. When I looked up lyrics to some of his songs I found them to be just as wonderful as his music.

I saw this little one minute mask in the September issue of In Style and decided to pick it up. Most masks I've used are cooling or make my face stiff, but it was so refreshing to put this mask on my face and feel it heating up. There was also the added bonus of it only being on my face for one minute. The reason I don't use masks often is because of how much time they need to work, so I will be using this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment