Monday, November 17, 2014

My Christmas Wishlist 2014

Christmas Lists have been part of my holiday routine for as long as I can remember. I also make a birthday list every June. I don't do this out of selfishness, but out of courtesy for my family. Every member of my family kindly makes lists for each other at Christmas so that we are able to get ideas for gifts. Even when I was in elementary school and received a birthday party invitation, you bet my mom had me calling up the birthday kid and asking them what they wanted for a gift.

In more recent years, I've gotten bored with just making a simple list. I've made several powerpoint presentations, some with pictures and music, which I've emailed out to my family. I've also made a Prezi and several extravagant lists that were two pages long with colorful ink scrawled all over the paper. This year is the first time I've had a blog, and since I love sharing my gift ideas for others, I thought that it would be nice to share the gifts that I would like for myself.



1. Beautiful holiday limited edition All That Jazz Brush Set by Sonia Kashuk
2. It by Alexa Chung, where the former model gives photos, tips, and inspiration
3. Bath bombs from Lush, particularly fun ones like this and this
4. Cactus garden or several small cactus plants, I'd love some mismatched little ones
5. Naked2 Basics Palette by Urban Decay, a nice addition to my Naked Basics Palette
6. The Forest Feast by Eric Gleeson, simple vegetarian recipes in this artsy and practical book
7. Book Riot Subscription Box sends a package of books and bookish stuff every three months


There you have it! I try to keep the prices on my gifts pretty reasonable, which ups the chance that I might get more than one on my list! Now of course, I don't expect all of these gifts, because some of this can serve merely as inspiration for something I haven't thought of. Even after all these years of making wish lists, I still manage to be surprised on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment