Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A-maize-ing

One of the most comforting sights to me is Illinois corn. That sounds odd, but it's abundant, green, and the signal that I'm close to my grandparents' house. Even when visiting earlier in the summer than usual, the corn still towers over me.
One afternoon, my sister and I decided to take walk down the road to a park/campsite, and with the corn right there, we just had to take pictures. I was wearing one of my easiest summer outfits, so it was perfect.
This outfit works well for me because the shorts are light and go with everything, I can slip off the chambray top whenever I get too hot, and gray shirt underneath has shoulder cutouts so I'm never too hot. Additionally, I'm rediscovering my earring collection this summer. Lately, I've taken a small step away from all my statement necklaces and started wearing my dangly earrings again. The pair pictured here are quite long, but the feathers and beads are so light that I hardly notice.
Chambray shirt: Eddie Bauer, Feather shirt: Primark, Shorts: Unknown, Earrings: JewelMint

1 comment: