Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dressing Like Me

Are you influenced by what your friends wear?  I never thought that I was until recently.  My style has always been bohemian and casual.  Most of my friends gravitate towards clothes that are simple and girly.  I started realizing that I was dressing more like them without knowing it.  Changing up your style can be fun, but only if I'm doing it consciously and having fun with it.  The other day, I went to church and then shopping with my sister in an outfit that made my feel like myself again.  I can only describe it as the most comfortable and happy feeling.

Dress: Ross, Vest: Forever 21, Sandals: Old Navy, Necklace: Forever 21

I love wearing long dresses.  I love wearing long skirts.  I love wearing things with fringe on them.  I love wearing all types of jewelry.  Sometimes people stare when I wear lots of fringe and have a head chain in my hair.  But it's what I like.  I have to learn to not let the thoughts of others cause me to dress in a different style.  I have to make sure that if I change, it's something I want.

1 comment: