Sunday, April 13, 2014

Feeling Fancy

Jeans.  They're comfy, casual, and all-American, but they make me lazy with my style.  Since I'm in college, I usually don't spend too much thought over what I'm going to wear the next day.  Especially when I'm in a rush, there's nothing easier than throwing on a pair of jeans and one of my shirts.

So in a rushed day, I might end up looking like this:
Now there's nothing wrong with me looking like this, since it's super comfy, but after wearing the same jeans-and-shirt rotation for a few days I start to get bored.  If I'm bored with the way I look, I don't feel as alert or as happy as I would if I really enjoy what I wear.

When I went home for Spring Break, with no classes and extra time to plan my outfits, I found myself throwing a few skirts into my suitcase.  That week I wore several blouse and skirt combos and I felt happier.  When I like the way I look, I feel more positive throughout the day.

After Spring Break, I started putting together outfits like this:

Outfits like this are still casual, but adding a skirt with a piece of jewelry can change it up and make all the difference.  I've been loving the pairing of simpler shirts with printed or textured skirts.  I usually tuck in the front of my shirts and throw on a cardigan because layering is the best.  And since it's spring now, skirts are the perfect piece to bust out of the closet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! By spring I am tired of my cool weather clothes and ready for a change!

    ReplyDelete