Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Shows I Started Watching in 2014

Looking back on 2014, there are three shows that I started watching and have vowed to keep up with. I already follow many television shows, but I just couldn't resist watching every episode of these shows and then nervously waiting the return of new seasons.

Orphan Black deserves more hype. Many of my friends don't watch this show, but they should. The premise is exciting- Sarah Manning discovers that she is a clone and must try to survive once she learns valuable information about who she is. I blew through the 2 seasons of this thriller quickly over the summer. Something happens within the first 5 minutes of the pilot episode that hooked me instantly. The actress Tatiana Maslany is so talented playing clones that I had to google her to find out what country she is from because she does accents so well. Clone Club all the way!

I am expecting any and all Whovians to get upset that I just started watching Doctor Who this year (sorry everyone). I've seen some episodes of Doctor Who over the years, but this year I finally sat down and watched them all in order on Netflix. And man, was I missing out! I started watching over the summer and finished series 7 in December (I took breaks in between some seasons to keep myself emotionally stable after certain Doctors and companions left). I'm working on catching up with the current season. It's just such a clever, fun, and exciting show! The 50th anniversary episode gave me chills. If you're planning on watching it all the way through like I did, my tip is when you get to David Tennant look up his video diaries on YouTube after each of his episodes, they're pretty great. 

Kevin Spacey could not be cooler. Just a reminder, he did this with Jimmy Fallon which I still consider one of the greater moments in 2014. As a major fan of Scandal, I was told that this show was a darker version that showed more of white house politics. I agree, but with an emphasis on the darker. The show does suspense so well and I am legitimately scared of Frank Underwood every time I watch an episode (more scared than I was of DiCaprio in Django Unchained). Robin Wright holds her own in every scene with Spacey. The two of them make me root for a couple that does terrible things which is the best part of the show.


That's my list! Rather short, but there are only so many hours in the day. What are the shows you started watching in 2014? Are you still offended to see Doctor Who here? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I watched the first two seasons of orphan black over break btw

    ReplyDelete